Greencorp Marine PropOne
PropOne is a non-biocidal foul release coating which prevents sealife adhering to it. It has been developed to ensure increased vessel performance due to its slick nature and excellent corrosion protection.
PropOne is a two-coat system comprising an anti-corrosive Primer Coat and a Foul Release Coating (Clear Coat). The Clear Coat is a non-biocidal, low surface energy coating which prevents organisms strongly adhering to the surface of the propeller and fast moving components directly exposed to water. Organisms can be easily dislodged once the boat is placed in drive. As with all foul release coatings, when not in use, the surface will be colonised by encrusting organisms. The removal of the fouling organisms is purely a mechanical effect. The Clear Coat does not prevent marine growth by chemically poisoning the environment.
It is established that energy savings are achieved by maintaining smooth underwater hull and propeller surfaces. Presence of fouling on propellers is detrimental to the performance of the propeller. Even low levels of fouling on propeller surfaces are shown to cause efficiency losses of 20%. High levels of fouling cause up to 70% decrease in efficiency.
Suitable for application to all underwater metallic running gear including propellers, trim tabs, propeller shafts, rudders, prop struts, bow & stern thrusters.
- Performance – Increased speed and lower fuel consumption, compared to a craft with fouled surfaces.
- Application -Easy to apply, once surfaces to be painted have been prepared. Short over-coating interval between primer and clear coat.
- Technology – Latest generation non-biocide foul release coating.
- Defined anti-corrosive performance – Corrosion protection for ferrous & non-ferrous metals.
- Compatibility plus – Suitable for bronze, stainless steel, aluminium alloys.
- Super slick – Non-stick coating that marine life struggles to adhere to.
Greencorp Propone is for professional application only, not for resale or retail use.